The Hottest Summer – Ever… in my 25 years on the planet that is…
You’ll know that the weather is really hot when you hear your partner – who used to work in the Middle East - complain about the heat.
You’ll know that the heat gets into everything when you have to wait for water to cool down before you could take a bath.
You’ll know that it’s really hot when ice cream melts within five seconds after taking it out of the freezer.
You’ll know that it’s hot when you can’t keep food out of the fridge anymore for fear of it being attacked by ants within a few minutes.
You’ll know that the air-conditioning can’t overcome the heat when you have to eat lunch along with your perspiring officemates.
You’ll know that the heat is unbearable when your expenses skyrocketed for the past month because you keep looking for ways to beat the heat.
You’ll know that the heat is insane when you and your partner have to forego your nightly exercise and even cuddling is a no-no – one or both of you ends up with sticky armpits (not very romantic).
When would El Nino end???
When could I enjoy an ant-free loaf of bread?
When would I be able to eat lunch without looking as if I joined a marathon?
When would I be able to cuddle again?
…. Bummer. I hate the heat.
Wednesday, May 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
RSS Feed
0 comments:
Post a Comment